Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Intelligent Remote I/O with SNAP I/O in Allen Bradley PLC System





What would be the advantage of expanding your ControlLogic or CompactLogix PLC system with intelligent remote I/O? The distributed intelligent would only reduce the additional load on the PLC but also accommodate new functional requirements and special applications, allowing the system to grow while still under the same PLC’s overall control. In essence, you could enrich tour Allen Bradley system by expanding its size and functional capabilities, and still be standardized on Logix PLC systems.

For example be standardized on Microsoft software and Dell computers but chooses printers or other peripherals from other vendors for specific purposes, you can continuous to use Allen Bradley software, PLCs, and training and maintenance contracts while choosing another vendor for specific I/O needs. Supplementing your PLC system with intelligent remote I/O gives you options that may work well for your application.

Opto 22, industrially hardened I/O, offers an intelligent remote I/O system called SNAP I/O that fully supports Ethernet IP, the protocol used by Logix PLCs. It is good because this remote I/O still can be used in Allen Bradley PLCs system.

Because SNAP I/O supports Ethernet IP natively, engineers currently using Allen Bradley PLCs can supplement their control networks and expand capabilities without concerns about communications and compatibility, without extra programming and with little effect on PLC performance.
standardized on Allen Bradley PLCs system


Labels:

Newer Post Older Post Home

You may also like these ebook:

Get Free PLC eBook directly sent to your email,
and email subscription to program-plc.blogspot.com




We hate SPAM. Your information is never sold or shared with anyone.

Your Email Will Be 100% Secured !

Your email is stored safely on Google FeedBurner