Information of Modbus RTU Developed by Modicon
Modbus RTU is an open master/slave protocol, and can be easily implemented on serial interfaces. Numerous automation systems have Modbus RTU interface as standard or optional features, and are thus easily able to communicate with the AC500 via its integrated COM1 and COM2 interfaces (RS232 or RS485). The Modbus is used not only in industrial applications, but also in building installations, in energy optimization systems, for long distance data transmission and for linking up operator panels.
The communication by polling, i.e. the master transmits a request to the slave and then receives the response. Both interfaces COM1 and COM2 can operate simultaneously as Modbus interfaces. The Modbus operating mode of an interface is set using the engineering tool.
The topology point-to-point is via RS232 or multi-point via RS485. With RS232, a maximum of one master and one slave is possible, while with RS485 one master and a maximum of 31 slaves can be operated. The maximum cable length is 15 m with RS232 and 1.2 km with RS485.
Data transfer max 187.5 Kb/s. each telegram has a 16-bit CRC appended. The telegrams permit process data (input/output data) to be written and read, either individually or in groups. The data are packed in the RTU format.
The transmission may vary. One widely used option is the RS485 bus physics, a twisted pair, shielded cable with terminators.
- Product News
- PLC Simulation
- PLC Articles
- PLC Application
- SCADA Articles
- PLC Simulator
- SCADA Application
- Free Download
This article about how to connection PLC to Unity3D Game Engine using Modbus Serial Communication. in Unity3D Game Engine using C# (C Sharp...
- ► 2015 (164)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- ► 2011 (825)
- OLE for Process Control Software for Automation Co...
- PLC Driver Software
- Process Control Security Requirements in SCADA Fie...
- Automatic Gates using PLC Mitsubishi
- Verification and Optimization of a PLC Control Sch...
- NSLS Control System Interface to PLC
- Development of PLC Based Controls at NSLS
- ABB Advant OCS – Advant Master DCS
- Controller System for Industrial Automation
- Honeywell Experion Process Knowledge System
- Main Feature of PLC
- Application Fields of PLC
- Application of PLC in Glass Industry
- Application PLC in Cement and Steel Industry
- Process Field Bus – Decentral Periphery (Profibus ...
- Technology Integration for Home Automation
- Information of Modbus RTU Developed by Modicon
- PLC Programming by Integrators
- SCADA Security for System Monitoring and Control C...
- SCADA Automation System Model
- GE Substation Automation Components
- The System Benefits of GE Substation Automation Sy...
- Improved Solution for Substation Automation with G...
- Standardization (SOP) in Automation
- The Substation Automation System
- DCS Solutions Represent of Intelligent Electronic ...
- Substation Control & Information Management System...
- PLC and DCS in PAC application
- Automatic Gates using PLC Keyence
- The Best Applications for PLCs in Process Plant
- The Benefit of DCS on Configuration
- Cost is a Factor to Choose PLC or DCS
- Checklist for Connected Operation with PLC
- ▼ August 2010 (33)