Simple Start/Stop Motor Circuit PLC I/O System
It is about the wiring diagram for a three-phase motor and its corresponding three-wire control circuit, where the auxiliary contacts of the starter seal the start push button. First determine which control devices will be part of the PLC I/O system. In this circuit, the start and stop push buttons (inputs) and the starter coil (output) will be part of the PLC system. The starter coil’s auxiliary contacts will not be part of the system because an internal will be used to seal the coil, resulting in fewer connections and less wiring.
The devices must be programmed in the same logic sequences as they are in the hardwired circuit to program the PLC. Therefore, the stop push button will be programmed as an examine-ON instruction in series with the start push button, which is also programmed as an examine-ON instruction. This circuit will drive output 1, which control the starter. If the start button is pressed, output 1 will turn ON, sealing the start push button and turning the motor ON through the starter. The motor will turn OFF if the stop push button is pressed. Note that the stop push button is wired as normally closed to the input module. The starter coil’s overloads are wired in series with the coil.
The PLC is connected to power line L1 and L2 in a PLC wiring diagram. The field inputs are connected to L1 on one side and to the module on the other. The return, or common, connection from the input module goes to L2. The module output receives its power for switching the load from L1. The terminal output 1 is connected in series with the starter overloads and its coil, which go to L2. The output module also connects directly to L2 for proper operation. The PLC output module is wired directly to the starter coil in the motor control circuit’s wiring diagram.
Although the three phase motor has a three-wire of control circuit, its corresponding PLC control circuit has only two wires. The configuration of two-wire is similar to a three-wire configuration because it provides low voltage release, however it does not provide low voltage protection.
Posted by Cartiman Iman
♥ Favorite Labels ♥
- ► 2015 (128)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- Automatic Generation of Flowcharts
- Undocumented PLC Program Causes Major Lost Time
- Plant Model PLC Construction
- The Layer of PLC Programming Environment
- Visual Validation of PLC Programs
- PLC Simulation for Automated Manufacturing System
- Four Steps Programming PLC for Exhibit Control
- Programming State Machine of PLC
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) based on Intel Core ...
- From PLC to PAC based Computer System
- GE Fanuc PLC Bridge to PACSystems RX7i
- GE Fanuc PAC800 Controllers
- GE Fanuc PLC of Anybus X-gateways
- Modbus Omron Protocols Support
- Omron FINS Communication Interface API
- CAMD Control System Upgrade
- The PLC Tasks Running by a PC
- The Reasons to Choose Automationdirect DL405 serie...
- PLC Software Design of Automation
- Mitsubishi FX2N Controller
- OPC Bridging Software
- Mitsubishi Alpha Controller
- Mitsubishi PLC in Student’s Preparation of Industr...
- Specification of OLE for Process Control
- Get Real Time Data with DCS and OPC
- Development and Functional Benefits of PAC
- PAC as based Data Acquisition
- PAC Exchange Data with Enterprise Systems
- Applying the PAC to a Modern Industrial Applicatio...
- The Characteristic of Programmable Automation Cont...
- Industrial PC Based on PLC Application
- Conformity Level and Reusability Level of PLCopen
- PLCopen Enhancement of Standard
- Implementations of Standard IEC 61131-3 Programmin...
- Function Blocks and Sequential Function Chart Prog...
- SIMATIC WinCC Version 6.0 Innovation
- The Role of PLCopen for Motion Control
- A Standard Programming Resource of IEC 61131-3
- S5/S7 OPC Server
- Supporting a Process Flow of PAC
- Hardware of XC600 PLC
- Single Development Platform of PAC
- Functional Specification of SFC Implementation
- Specifying the Order of Main Control Programs
- ASTRA OMRON Device Driver
- Main Control Program of Secure PLC-5
- Simple Start/Stop Motor Circuit PLC I/O System
- Large Relay System Modernization of PLC
- Forward/Reverse Motor Interlocking of PLC Program
- Password Using PLC Keyence
- AC Motor Drive Interface of PLC
- Special Input Device Programming of PLC
- PLC Element to Leave Hardwired
- Configuring the PLC System
- Control Programming and PLC Description
- SIMATICA of Siemens S7-200 Architecture
- PMAC PLC Programming Technique
- Domotics Technology for Industrial Programmable Co...
- The Strategy PLC Implementation
- ▼ February 2011 (59)
- ► 2010 (447)