Difference between PLC and SCADA
To know the differences between PLC and SCADA, first we can see from the word of acronym:
PLC is Programmable Logic Controllers, a PLC is just a controller to do some works. It may be a “brick” with lots of terminals on it for wires and control something more or less by itself.
SCADA is Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition. SCADA is more complex and typically contains number of systems such as communications, data logging, server access, etc. SCADA may be used mostly by utilities and include data exchange requirement and protocols.
The difference between PLC and SCADA is also in the industry and applications.
Traditional PLC are migrating toward to traditional DCS for instants Fisher Delta V. For application in small or medium plant many people use a PLC (Allen Bradley) and also use DCS (Delta V, PlantScappe). If you have a small plant, it is better to set PLC or DCS system which has a system starting at 5 I/O and going up to 500 I/O.
SCADA is just that supervisory and data acquisition. It usually is not in plant but it used to supervise multiple small sites. In industry SCDA often do monitoring systems with little RTU at each well site.
Posted by Cartiman Iman
- Product News
- PLC Simulation
- PLC Articles
- PLC Application
- SCADA Articles
- PLC Simulator
- SCADA Application
- Free Download
This article about how to connection PLC to Unity3D Game Engine using Modbus Serial Communication. in Unity3D Game Engine using C# (C Sharp...
- ► 2015 (164)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- ► 2011 (825)
- Automating Manufacturing Systems with PLCs
- Application of Servo Motor
- Servo Wiring Diagram
- Programming Servo Motors
- The Configuration of DCS
- Internal Architecture of PLC
- Beginner's Guide to PLC Programming
- Traffic Light with PLC Program
- PLC Troubleshooting Guide
- The Systems Practice PLC
- Traffic Light PLC Program with PLC Omron
- PLC Programming Tips
- PLC Hardware Components
- Difference between RTU and PLC
- Difference between PLC and DCS
- Difference between PLC and SCADA
- Difference between SCADA and DCS
- OPC to Provide a Standard Infrastructure of Proces...
- Friendly Software for Beginner from Schneider PLC
- Basic Instructions of PLC Omron
- SCADA Controls the Complex Systems in Real Time
- PLC Programming for Industrial Automation
- Traffic Light PLC Program with PLC Mitsubishi
- Implementation SCADA in Industry and Infrastructur...
- PLC Based Industrial Automation
- Tutorial Ladder Diagram via State Diagram
- Learn PLC Programming
- Programming PLCs Using Rockwell Automation Control...
- PLC Simulator For Learn PLC Programming
- Simatic S5 PLC System Automation from Siemens
- Industrial Automation Using PLC
- PLC Automation Systems
- Traffic Light PLC Program with PLC Keyence
- Basics of PLC Programming
- History of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Fundamentals of Programmable logic Controllers
- Marking With Laser Engraving Machine And PLC
- Brief Information about PLC
- PLC Omron Programming for Marking with Laser Engra...
- ▼ March 2010 (39)