PLC Programming Tips
One of the tips how to do the PLC programming is making and use a “one shot”. A one shot is a coil which goes true each time the enabling rung ahead of it is true, and it stays true for one scan only, no matter how long the enabling rung is true. The one shot is useful when you have some condition that goes on and off and you want to have the PLC take action on that true state for only one scan each time the enabling rung goes from true to false.
For instant you want to count the number of times some event that lasts longer than one scan happens, but the total count will exceed the capacity of PLC built in counter. One way to deal with this problem, if your PLC has floating point registers available, is to add one to a floating point register each time the rung goes true.
A few PLC brands do not have the useful one shot feature. In this case you can make your own one shot with a few rungs of logic:
This is one of few cases in common PLC programming where the order in which you place the rungs is important. From the picture above when you start out, the input I: 3/0, the memory bit B3:0/2, and the one shot output bit B3:0/1 are all false. When the input goes true, the memory bit is still false, so the 2nd rung is true, and both memory bit and the one shot output bit are set by 2nd rung.
Posted by Cartiman Iman
♥ Favorite Labels ♥
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- ► 2011 (825)
- Automating Manufacturing Systems with PLCs
- Application of Servo Motor
- Servo Wiring Diagram
- Programming Servo Motors
- The Configuration of DCS
- Internal Architecture of PLC
- Beginner's Guide to PLC Programming
- Traffic Light with PLC Program
- PLC Troubleshooting Guide
- The Systems Practice PLC
- Traffic Light PLC Program with PLC Omron
- PLC Programming Tips
- PLC Hardware Components
- Difference between RTU and PLC
- Difference between PLC and DCS
- Difference between PLC and SCADA
- Difference between SCADA and DCS
- OPC to Provide a Standard Infrastructure of Proces...
- Friendly Software for Beginner from Schneider PLC
- Basic Instructions of PLC Omron
- SCADA Controls the Complex Systems in Real Time
- PLC Programming for Industrial Automation
- Traffic Light PLC Program with PLC Mitsubishi
- Implementation SCADA in Industry and Infrastructur...
- PLC Based Industrial Automation
- Tutorial Ladder Diagram via State Diagram
- Learn PLC Programming
- Programming PLCs Using Rockwell Automation Control...
- PLC Simulator For Learn PLC Programming
- Simatic S5 PLC System Automation from Siemens
- Industrial Automation Using PLC
- PLC Automation Systems
- Traffic Light PLC Program with PLC Keyence
- Basics of PLC Programming
- History of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Fundamentals of Programmable logic Controllers
- Marking With Laser Engraving Machine And PLC
- Brief Information about PLC
- PLC Omron Programming for Marking with Laser Engra...
- ▼ March 2010 (39)