Friday, April 30, 2010

GE Fanuc PLC Programming Software





In this article will explain about SoftPLC programming PLC that using GE Fanuc 90/30 I/O driver. It allows to access up to eight PCIF host I/O interface adapters. The driver consist 3 files, namely GE90/30.TLM, GECONFIG.EXE, and GE.LST. GE90/30.TLM is the runtime component, GECONFIG.EXE is a utility of displaying I/O information and generating an I/O report and GE.LST is the master configuration files.

When you install the SoftPLC you need to install GE90/30.TLM, GECONFIG.EXE and GE.LST under the \SPLCZ\IODVR\ directory. GE90/30.TLM is made known to SoftPLC by a line entry in the MODULE.LST file. Each I/O driver entry in MODULE.LST has to start with keyword “DRIVER”. Put the following line in the MODULE.LST file to be able to interface GE 90/30 I/O with SoftPLC:

DRIVER=C: \SPLCZ\IODVR\GE9030.TLM CFGFILE=C: \SPLCZ\IODVR\GE.LST

Here is the step by step to setting up the driver:
1. Edit the ‘Port’ column under the [CARDS] section of the GE.LST file for each of the card you will use. This normally resides in \SPLCZ\IODVR.
2. Set the switch settings on each card and install them in the host computer.
3. Attach the I/O racks, using a terminating resistor pack as might be needed on the last rack in each chain.
4. Insert the I/O modules and power up the racks.
5. Run the GECONFIG.EXE program from the \SPLCZ\IODVR directory and give it the name of your CFGFILE, which is normally GE.LST: C:>GEFONFIG GE>LST.
6. Press F3 to display all the communicating I/O module for each I/O network.
7. Press F4 to generate the GECARD.REP text file, which is a complete definition of how SoftPLC data table memory will be consumed for each I/O network.
8. Press F5 to generate default configuration file specification for each smart module.
9. Press F10 to exit GECONFIG.EXE.
10. Look at GECARD.REP and take note on how much data table memory you will need to allocate for each driver data type, for each I/O network.
11. Make the final edits to GE.LST, paying attention to the 5 xxWords columns for each I/O network.


Labels:

Newer Post Older Post Home

You may also like these ebook:

Get Free PLC eBook directly sent to your email,
and email subscription to program-plc.blogspot.com




We hate SPAM. Your information is never sold or shared with anyone.

Your Email Will Be 100% Secured !

Your email is stored safely on Google FeedBurner