SCADA software in the overall SCADA system has several major tasks to be done:
• Input/Output Task
- Interface SCADA system with equipment in the plant. This includes the handling of data communications, so the PC can read or write data from the equipment that connected to PLC.
• Alarm Task
- Manage all types of alarms (abnormal condition) that occurred in the field.
• Trends Task
- Collecting plant data every time and displays them in graphical form that is easily understood by operator.
• Task Reports
- Provide reports (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) are derived from plant data
• Display Task:
- Display the process. Operators can observe everything that happens on the field, and can take action to control the objects in the field.
Another some tasks (features) are:
• Networking (include internet)
• Scalability / Expandability
• Fault tolerance and redundancy
Wonderware ® is one of the SCADA software packages on the market. To fulfill the tasks above, Wonderware has a special program to handle it. Below are some samples:
• Human Machine Interface & Alarm: WW InTouch.
• I/O Task: WW I/O Driver.
• Report & Trend: WW Active Factory.
• Databases: WW Server InSQL.
• Internet: WW Suite Voyager.