The requirements to use Logic Developer PLC and its tools are as following:
• Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. This PLC was not support Windows XP Tablet PC Ed, Windows Vista and Windows XP Embedded.
• Internet Explorer ver 7.0, Internet Explorer ver 6.0 Service Pack 1 or later, or Internet Explorer ver 5.5 Service Pack 2 or later. You have to got to install Internet Explorer prior to installing Machine Edition.
• The network of TCP/IP protocol-based workstation.
• Requirements for memory and speed of processor are as below:
Minimum: memory with 256 MB RAM and processor speed for 1 GHz Pentium-based Recommended: memory with 512 MB RAM and processor speed for 2 GHz Pentium-based
For projects with higher than 75,000 variables or variable elements, minimum memory with 1 GB RAM is strongly recommended.
• Hard disk space for 150-750 MB.
• Additional hard disk space 610 MB for 64-bit processors, 280 MB for x86, plus 40 MB during installation, for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. If the Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 is not installed yet, it is automatically incorporated during Machine Edition installation.
• Hard disk space 200 MB for sample projects it is optional.
• The added space of hard disk for temporary and projects files.
For release notes, last-minute information, and hardware of supported lists for products of Machine Edition, you need to see the document of Important Product Information (IPI) on the CD. There are some ways to see this document
• Choose Important Product Information on the first Launcher screen when installing Machine Edition.
• Select Important Product Information from the Help menu when running Machine Edition.
You have to uninstall earlier Machine Edition version before installing the latest version if you have an earlier Machine Edition version installed on your computer. You can perform it by choosing the option of “Uninstall Machine Edition” from the Start menu group of Machine Edition. To install Logic Developer PLC
1. Insert the CD of Machine Edition into your drive of CD-ROM. The setup program automatically starts by default. If the program setup does not start automatically, you require to run Setup.exe in the CD of the root directory.
2. Press “Install” to begin the installation process.
3. Do the process installation by following the instructions as they show on the screen.