The programmer port of T1-16S’s supports the function of computer link as well as communication with the tool of programming. The port of programmer can admit the T-series commands of computer link. By organize the software of communication based on the protocol described in the master computer (operator interface unit, computer, etc.), the below functions develop into available by the master computer.
• The data writing for register or value of device into the T1-16S
• The data reading for register or value of device of the T1-16S
• Operation status of the T1-16S monitoring
• The fault code reading from the T1-16S
• The clock or calendar data reading of the T1-16S
• The clock or calendar data writing into the T1-16S
• The operation mode of T1-16S controlling
• Program downloading into the T1-16S
• Program uploading of the T1-16S
You can join a master computer or an interface unit of operator with the T1-16S, and can construct a system of SCADA/MMI using the computer link function.
The T1-16S’s programmer port interface is RS-232C. The serial port of RS-232C the master computer can be linked to the programmer port of T1-16S directly without using a conversion adapter.
One to one configuration:
Alternatively, when 2 or more T1-16S’s are linked with a master computer, the adapters of multi-drop (CU111) can be utilized.
One to N configuration:
• The CU111 is the converter of RS-232C or RS-485 dedicated for the PLC of T1-series.
• If the master computer has interface of RS-232C but not RS-485, the converter of RS-232C or RS-485 (ADP-6237B) can be applied.
Overview of Communication
The T1-16S waits for getting a message request issued from the master computer in the computer link system. The T1-16S confirms the station number included in the message request when a request message is released. And when the designation of station number matches the setting of T1-16S station number, the T1-16S processes the request and returns the reaction.
This is why every T1-16S have to have a station number uniquely in the one to N configuration. Or else, more than one T1-16S may try to process the request, resulting in error response. The below figure demonstrates the sequence of processing performed when a request to station number 3 is released.
1. The message request is transferred from the master to all the linked T1-16S.
2. The message request is read and processed in the T1-16S which has the similar station number as request.
3. The result of processing is returned as reaction to the master.