PLC Circuit Diagram
In this article we will discuss about PLC circuit diagram of input and output module of PLC. PLC input cards rarely supply power, it means that needs external power supply for the inputs and sensors. Below is an Input card and Ladder Logic diagram that shows how to connect an AC input card.
In the diagram above there are two inputs, one is a normally open push button, and the second is temperature switch or thermal relay.
The PLC inputs must convert a variety of logic levels to the 5VDC logic level used on the data bus. This can be done with circuits similar as the picture below. Basically the circuits condition the input to drive an optocoupler. This electrically isolates the external electrical circuitry from the internal circuitry. Other circuit components are used to guard against excess or reversed voltage polarity.
As with the input modules, output modules rarely supply any power, but instead act as switch. External power supplies are connected to the output card and it will switch the power on or off for each output.
PLC outputs must convert the 5VDC logic level on the PLC data bus to external voltage levels. The circuits will show on the picture below. Basically the circuits use an optocoupler to switch external circuitry. This electrically isolates the external electrical circuitry from the internal circuitry. Other circuit components are used to guard against excess or reversed voltage polarity.
Posted by Cartiman Iman
♥ Favorite Labels ♥
- ► 2015 (127)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- ► 2011 (825)
- PLC as a System Control
- Ethernet IP for RSControlLogix 5000 Start Guide
- IWS Interface for PLC Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5...
- Mini Programmable Logic Controllers(PLC) project w...
- Learning the RSLogix 5000 System
- The Advantages of Allen-Bradley RSLogix 5000 in Ma...
- Calling and Initializing Function Block of PLC135 ...
- Programming Data Block of PLC 135 WB
- Maple OIT Communication with Siemens SIMATIC TI305...
- Structure Programming of PLC 135/WB/WB2/WD
- Display Seven Segment with PLC
- Configure Analog Input and Digital Output of Allen...
- Seven Segment Display With PLC Omron
- Configure an Allen-Bradley PLC5 Device
- Quick Start of Mini PLC-2 Family Programmable Cont...
- Seven Segment Display With PLC Mitsubishi
- The Problems of Allen-Bradley Serial Communication...
- Seven Segment Display With PLC Keyence
- Allen-Bradley PLC Serial Communication
- AutoSave Supports for Omron CX Programmer
- Mini PLC Memory Addressing
- Modicon PLC Addressing I/O
- Mini Programmable Logic Controllers
- Common Cathode Seven Segment to PLC
- Common Anode Seven Segment to PLC
- PLC Input Devices
- Push ON Push OFF With PLC
- Mitsubishi FX 24m PLC Programming
- Push ON Push OFF With Data Memory PLC Keyence
- LDA instructions on Keyence PLC
- INC instructions on Keyence PLC
- DW instructions on Keyence PLC
- CMP instructions on Keyence PLC
- Function Block Diagram Programming Using FAB Intel...
- PLC and SCADA Systems
- PLC Computer Interface
- PLC Circuit Diagram
- Applications of PLC
- Reading Ladder Logic
- Push ON Push OFF With Data Memory PLC Mitsubishi
- MOV instruction in Mitsubishi PLC
- LD= instructions on Mitsubishi PLC
- INCP instruction on Mitsubishi PLC
- Allen Bradley PLC Programming Software
- Siemens PLC Addressing
- Telemecanique PLC Direct Addressing
- Low Cost Programmable Logic Controller
- Siemens S7 Connection Configuration
- ▼ May 2010 (48)