PLC and DCS in PAC application
DCS systems have for many years provided multi-disciplined controllers for logic, sequential and process control, HMIs and applications on one platform. That’s the really definition of s DCS – an integrated, distributed systems approach. It’s more than just about the individual component being pulled together into one platform. It’s about the way data flows through the system, the way that information is presented to an operator, the way that changes propagate through the database, control strategy, graphics, applications, etc and the robustness of the platform as a single entity.
The impression is that some PLC companies are creating a great deal of hype over PACs, but customers who are familiar with a DCS are already aware of the concept. Customers that are doing side by side evaluations with PLCs are choosing the DCS. The PLC vendors still seem to be struggling with trying to get all the parts and pieces to work together seamlessly.
We believe this goes back to core competency and the primary domain in which a system was designed to work from the ground up.
The DCS has come a long way from proprietary, large systems of the past to being scalable to meet a wide range of applications. Most customers that have in the past used PLCs are delighted when they see what’s available to them today in current, state- of the art DCS solutions.
- PLC Simulation
- Product News
- PLC Articles
- PLC Application
- SCADA Articles
- PLC Simulator
- SCADA Application
- Free Download
This article about how to connection PLC to Unity3D Game Engine using Modbus Serial Communication. in Unity3D Game Engine using C# (C Sharp...
- ► 2015 (164)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- ► 2011 (825)
- OLE for Process Control Software for Automation Co...
- PLC Driver Software
- Process Control Security Requirements in SCADA Fie...
- Automatic Gates using PLC Mitsubishi
- Verification and Optimization of a PLC Control Sch...
- NSLS Control System Interface to PLC
- Development of PLC Based Controls at NSLS
- ABB Advant OCS – Advant Master DCS
- Controller System for Industrial Automation
- Honeywell Experion Process Knowledge System
- Main Feature of PLC
- Application Fields of PLC
- Application of PLC in Glass Industry
- Application PLC in Cement and Steel Industry
- Process Field Bus – Decentral Periphery (Profibus ...
- Technology Integration for Home Automation
- Information of Modbus RTU Developed by Modicon
- PLC Programming by Integrators
- SCADA Security for System Monitoring and Control C...
- SCADA Automation System Model
- GE Substation Automation Components
- The System Benefits of GE Substation Automation Sy...
- Improved Solution for Substation Automation with G...
- Standardization (SOP) in Automation
- The Substation Automation System
- DCS Solutions Represent of Intelligent Electronic ...
- Substation Control & Information Management System...
- PLC and DCS in PAC application
- Automatic Gates using PLC Keyence
- The Best Applications for PLCs in Process Plant
- The Benefit of DCS on Configuration
- Cost is a Factor to Choose PLC or DCS
- Checklist for Connected Operation with PLC
- ▼ August 2010 (33)