Control Systems in Building Automation
BAS (Building Automation Systems) refer to complex systems governing various subsystems and devices concerning heating, access control, air conditioning, fire protection and many other functions. Formerly the building automation was dedicated to HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning). However, the recent development of circumstances has fostered new objectives of BAS.
The increasing cost of electricity and decreasing costs of instrumentation parts of BAS justify their use. With increasing data storage capacity of devices it is possible to control, analyze and optimize the power consumption of typical building electrical devices. Moreover, the electrical devices number increases and their coordination makes sense.
Furthermore, the bandwidth and feasibility of communication technologies forces vendors to incorporate network interfaces into their products. For example, thermometers with Ethernet interface are not uncommon. Finally, the wireless technologies developments, which mow down the burden of laying cables across neat houses, encourages the spread of building automation even in private houses.
Closed loop control methods intrinsically concentrate on control of linear time invariant system. Control tasks of building automation deals with systems beyond this system basic class. The basic constraining issues have to be noted:
• The systems are non linear. For example, the valves of heating block have non linear characteristic of fluid flow vs. rotary position.
• The times of sample are long. 1s sampling is very common for temperature measurement.
• A/D and D/A converters resolution are poor. 8 bit converters are very common.
• Systems different from SISO often appear. Usually MIMO and MISO systems have to be controlled which is very uncomfortable with classical closed loop control.
Dynamic control in building automation is dedicated predominantly to HVAC systems. Dynamic control in local closed loops is provided by PID algorithms if it is possible. If more control loops start contradicting, or if the control loop does not perform a role of desired, then it is time for more sophisticated algorithms.
Posted by Cartiman Iman
♥ Favorite Labels ♥
- ► 2015 (132)
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2012 (274)
- Low End PLC of Diamond Control System
- Internal Block of SERCOS IF Module
- Data Block and Timer Functions of Simatic S7
- Single PLC of SERCOS FA-M3
- High End PLC on Siemens S7
- Programmable Logic Controller on Diamond
- Full Size Operator Interface of L2000 PLC
- L2000 Programmable Logic Controller
- Adding Timers to PLC Programming Language
- PLC Programming of Timing Aspects
- Improving PLC programs Verification Using Abstract...
- MicroSmart All in One Type CPU of PLC
- PLCTOOLS Graph Transformation for PLC Design
- The Function Block Diagram EDITOR of Hosts PLCTOOL...
- Translational Semantics of Ladder Diagram through ...
- The Steps Approach in Implementing PLC Programs
- PLC of Instruction List Tools Available Resulting ...
- PLCs, Ladder Diagram and Validation Issue
- PLC Models with Implicit Scan Cycle
- PLC Modeling the Scan Cycle
- Getting Started with the PLC_DIAL
- The Connection PLC and PLC_DIAL over Telephone Lin...
- The Conclusion of Evaluation SCADA in Trans Power
- Reliability Electric Utility SCADA System
- IEEE RTS SCADA Systems
- The Construction and Analysis of IEEE RTS of SCADA...
- Motorola Communications for SCADA Solutions
- The Limitations of SCADA System over GPRS
- GPRS Communications for SCADA
- SCADA Operate over GPRS Network
- PLC and Sensor Constraint in Water Irrigation Cont...
- PLC based Canal Automation Components
- Canal Automation History
- PLC Implementation in Canal Automation Work
- Adaptability and Integration of SCADA Wireless Net...
- The Evolution of Wireless SCADA
- Communication Technologies in Building Automation
- Control Systems in Building Automation
- Middleware Software Components of Industry Automat...
- Real Time Industrial Automation
- Open Development Kit for Integrating Special Tasks...
- WinAC Open Development Kit Interfaces
- WinAC Slot PLC Increased Operational Reliability
- Software PLC WinAC Basis and PLC WinAC RTX
- PC based Control System with Simatic WinAC
- Utilization of Simatic Know-How
- Simatic WinAC PLC in the PC
- Manual Control and Automatic Control for Frequency...
- Smaller HMI Hardware for Tight Spaces
- Integrated Automation System Totally Integrated Au...
- Totally Integrated Automation Democase
- Weighing Machine Using PLC
- SCADA Security Implementation in a Plant
- Weighing Machine Using PLC Omron
- SCADA System Administrative Aspects
- SCADA Communication and DNP3 Protocol
- Users Tout PLC Size and Usability
- Increase the Efficiency of Sortation and AS/RS Mac...
- The Automation System Using Electrical CAD Softwar...
- The Hybrid PLC Modules
- PLC Course to Overcome Industry Demands
- Hybrid PLC: PLC Connected to PC
- Commercially Available System PLC Training
- The 2201 Monitoring System by Bently Nevada and Al...
- The 2201 Monitoring System with PLC 5 Controller
- ▼ January 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (447)