The table below is the lists of the device address ranges that you can enter from Device Address Keypad of Modicon (TCP) Driver. Use the Protocol Configuration dialog box to map the device addresses supported in Modbus PLC to device types listed in the table.
To speed up data communication, use consecutive device addresses on the same panel screen. The following situations increase the number of times that the device is read, and reduces the data communication speed between that target machine and the PLC:
• When the number of consecutive addresses exceeds the maximum.
• When an address is designed for division.
• When different device types are used.
The maximum number of consecutive addresses that can be read by each PLC as listed in the table below.
To set up details about the communication process between the target machine and the PLC, you can use the Protocol Configuration.
1. IP Address, Enter the PLC IP Address
2. PLC No, The PLC No is not required for Ethernet communication
3. Start Address, PLC manufacturers may use different address ranges for their particular PLCs.
4. Coils, Define the start address for Coils as supported on your PLC.
5. Discrete Inputs, Define the start address for discrete inputs as supported on your PLC.
6. Input Registers, Define the start address for input registers as supported on your PLC.
7. Holding Registers, Define the start address for Holding Registers as supported on your PLC.