Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ABB Advant OCS – Advant Master DCS





The DCS is a control system which collects the data from the field and decides what to do with them. Data from the field can either be stored for future reference, used for simple process control, use in conjunction with data from another part of the plant for advanced control strategies.

Advant OCS (Open Control System) is an ABB solution for operators to improve their manufacturing productivity and achieve sustainable competitive advantages.

In 1992, based on the success of the Master systems in the 80’s, the Master system began its evolution to Advant OCS. This evolution introduced high capacity controllers and I/O with an improved redundancy scheme. Also included were modern UNIX workstations, and in 1996 S800 I/O was added providing modular flexible remote I/O.

In 2000, Advant OCS with Master Software began its next step in the evolution process with the introduction of industrial IT enabled products. A versatile and complete range of process I/O systems within the Advant family enables optimal user configurations:
S100I/O – A rack-based I/O system for AC400 controllers.
S600I/O – A rack-based I/O system for AC100 controllers.
S800I/O – A highly modularized and flexible I/O system.

Numerous characteristics and function facilitate and improve operation, monitoring, and reengineering of each process in a company. 800xA Operations (Process Portal) and the proven AdvaCommand for UNIX solution (based on HP-UX) are available as an operator station for Advant OCS with Master software.

The intuitive operator software provides consistent access and interaction with data from multiple control and I/O to plant and enterprise information.


Labels:

Newer Post Older Post Home

You may also like these ebook:

Get Free PLC eBook directly sent to your email,
and email subscription to program-plc.blogspot.com




We hate SPAM. Your information is never sold or shared with anyone.

Your Email Will Be 100% Secured !

Your email is stored safely on Google FeedBurner