CX-Programmer version 4.0 leverages the latest improvements in Omron CJ/CS series PLCs. There is only a few of important changes. This powerful, 32 bit Microsoft Windows based software program continues to simplify PLC program development, system diagnostics and network commissioning.
Key features and benefits:
Easier team program development.
Enhanced task programming features:
• Download and develop individual tasks.
• Allows for separate files of comment per task.
• Check for duplicate addresses between the tasks.
Intellectual property protection and security
• Protect programs from being changed.
• Write protection for monitor only mode prevents data from being overwritten.
• Protect programs from being copied.
• Auto online connections with the PLC from Ethernet.
• Support the new 100Base-TX Ethernet Modules: CS1W-ETN21 and CJ1W-ETN21.
• Supporting up to eight networking layers.
• Support the new Controller Link hardware: CS1W-CLK21-V1, CJ1W-CLK21-V1. New hardware support
• CJ1M-CPU21 and CJ1M-CPU11.
Easier connection to CX-simulator
• Take advantage of all CX simulator testing or debugging features.
• Launch CX simulator directly from icon on CX-Programmer toolbar.
CX-Programmer v4.0 is a significant enhancement to v3.2. The enhancements are highlighted in the benefits and key features on above. Other things that should be considered are:
• CX-Programmer is the foundation on the CX-automation suite of software tools that include an OPC server, an activeX interface (CX-ServerLite), a PC based HMI (CX-Supervisor), along with protocol communication programming software tools and motion control configuration.
• SYSWIN applications will no longer to be revised, it is in the best interest of customers to migrate to CX-Programmer.
• Version 4.0 offers direct import for programs SYSWIN and new improved utilities for converting Omron’s previous PLC programming software tools.
CX-Programmer is targeted for the IEC 61131-3 specification compliance with the release of Function Block, Sequential Function Chart and Structured Instruction support occurring within 1 to 1.5 year time period.