This article introduces practical and theoretical concepts regarding SCADA for education purpose, illustrated and implemented on an integrated automation system TIA (Totally Integrated Automation) from Siemens. Laboratory works will provide for student: experience in identification, competences, selection and programming of needed equipments to make a fully operational application.
The application includes control of an induction motor associated with a frequency inverter in automatic or manual mode. The manual control mode is equivalent to predefine frequencies and logic programming which are sent as telegrams to the frequency inverter. In the automatic control mode a specific sequence is run (sequential discrete control).
The development platform for application is STEP 7, which is the package of standard software, used for programming and configuring SIMATIC programmable logic controllers. To create an automation solution with STEP 7, there are a series of basic tasks:
• Plan your controller
• Create a project structure,
• Design the program structure,
• Configuring the hardware,
• Configuring the communication and networks connections,
• Defining the symbols,
• Creating the program,
• Configuring the monitoring variables and operator control,
• Downloading the program to the programmable controller,
• Testing the programs,
• Diagnose hardware, monitor operation, document the application,
Through practical labs, the students will learn to use the equipment and program it following these steps, and the final result will be an application for controlling an induction motor. Each practical lab has the following structure: purpose, theoretical topic, workflow, questions and references.
The gradual laboratory sections are structured as:
1. General description of SCADA – TIA Democase.
2. Hardware configuration and programming the languages.
3. Programming and commissioning for the frequency inverter SINAMICS G120.
4. Manual control for the frequency inverter.
5. Integration of automatic and manual control mode for the frequency inverter.
6. Programming elements for the WinCC Flexible.