The goal of this article is to present the SCADA system with its components. SCADA – TIA Democase from Siemens is an integrated automation system for digital control of electric drives with distributed peripheral. It can be used for a wide range of applications with variable speed drives, such as pumps, fans, or conveyor belt, etc.
The TIA Democase components are using:
• S7-300 PLC which controls ET200S,
• ET200S contains on: communication interface module IM 151-3, Motor starter DS1e-xH, proximity sensor Opto Bero,
• SINAMICS G120 frequency inverter,
• Induction motor connected via Profibus,
• HMI (Human Machine Interface) panel MP 277 connected via industrial Ethernet.
Hardware Configuration and Programming Languages
It will describe the concepts on how to configure the hardware, the communication connections and some programming elements. Hardware configuration is a toll used to configure and assign parameters to the hardware of an automation project. The students will learn how to configure the PLC and its input output modules properly. The students are required to develop simple program using the Ladder Diagram Language. LAD will be used to design the control logic for the drive control manual.
S7Graph is used to structure a sequential program resulting in implementation of drive control automatic. WinCC Flexible is employed as platform of SCADA. Finally the hardware configuration for the application and some short examples using the programming languages will be implemented by students.
Programming and commissioning for frequency inverter SINAMICS G120
The inverter is parameterized to be adapted to motor for optimal protection and operation. This is realized using one of the following operators units:
• STARTER commissioning tool (software) that allows the inverter to be parameterized and controlled by a PC.
• Display unit (Operator Panel) and keyboard that is snapped onto inverter.
Inverters can be parameterized for very specific applications; many of them can be configured by means of just a few parameters.