This article explains operations to start and stop the MicroSmart and to utilize the inputs of stop and reset.
Schematic of Start/Stop
The MicroSmart start/stop circuit contains of 3 blocks; start control special internal relay (M8000), inputs of stop/reset, and power supply. Every block can be utilized to start and stop the MicroSmart whereas the other 2 blocks are put to operate the MicroSmart. Operation of Start/Stop with The MicroSmart WindLDR can be started and stopped by using WindLDR operate on a Windows PC linked to the module of MicroSmart CPU. When the button of PLC Start is pushed in the dialog box will appear, the special internal control of start relay M8000 is switched on to start the MicroSmart. The M8000 is switched off to stop the MicroSmart when the button of PLC Stop is pressed.
1. Link the PC to the MicroSmart, start the WindLDR, and turn on the MicroSmart.
2. Make sure that an input of stop is not selected with Configure - Function Area Settings - Run/Stop.
Note: the MicroSmart can’t be started or stopped by switching start special internal relay control of M8000 on or off when an input of stop is selected.
3. Choose Online in the menu bar of WindLDR, after that choose Download Program. Or, press the icon of download. The dialog box of Download Program appears.
4. Select the button of PLC Start to begin operation, after that the special internal relay start control of M8000 is switched on.
5. Select the button of PLC Stop to end operation, after that the special internal relay start control of M8000 is switched off.
The operation of PLC can also be begun and ended while WindLDR is in the mode of monitor. To contact the button of Start or Stop, choose Online – Monitor and choose Online - Status of PLC - Status of Run/Stop. Special internal relay of M8000 is an internal relay of maintain type and saves the status when power is switched off. The M8000 keeps its earlier status when power is switched on again. Nevertheless, when the backup battery is deceased, M8000 loses the status of stored, and can be switched on or off as programmed when the MicroSmart is turned on. The choice is prepared in Configure - Function Area Settings - Run/Stop - Run/Stop Selection in the Memory Backup Error. The duration of backup is around 30 days at 25°C after the backup battery is charged fully.