It is requiring a control of I/O takeover time inside the PLC scan time region, architecture of I/O based on Remote I/O (RIO) subject topology should be selected by default for sensitive processes.
These drops of I/O, comprising of Quantum modules, are distinguished and configured from the software programming environment of Unity Pro. They advantage from scanning which is in synch with the time scanning. A splitter box:
1. (MA 0186 100) is utilized to substitute the drop of RIO
2. I/O with the "Normal"
3. and “Standby”
4. PLCs. The impedances line
5. (990 XCA 656 09) can be applied to retain an appropriate line when it is required to cut off one of the CPUs of I/O. The optional grounding terminals
6. (60 0545 000) are utilized to maintain the grounding of the cable coaxial in these situations.
The I/O system availability can be reinforced by using a wiring system of dual-medium I/O. It is probable to reverse these drops of I/O on (dual) ring optical, with optical transceivers. For processes where times are less critical, from the delay point of view in the I/O controlling, it is possible to implement a varied architecture, joining both distribution type I/O of Remote I/O (RIO) on at least one drop and devices distribution on Ethernet TCP/IP.
From a point of view operational, type of client devices such as Human-Machine interfaces, PLC modules, etc, and server type devices of Modbus TCP such as Advantys STB I/O islands, Momentum I/O blocks, ATV variable speed drives, etc, can in reality coexist on a single network of Ethernet TCP/IP. With consider to type of client-server exchanges, between the devices communicating in protocol of Modbus TCP and module of PLC, the mechanism of I/O Scanning is perfect. This can be applied to define up to 128 periodic write or read replaces through the configuration, on word type variables tables, on these devices target. This mechanism of I/O Scanning is a function offered as standard with Ethernet modules of Quantum 140 NOE 771 11 and 140 NOE 771 01. This function also runs in an architecture of Quantum Hot Standby with Unity Pro.
It is better to utilize switches rather than hubs as long as network topology elements of Ethernet for connection between distributed devices and modules of PLC are concerned. The topology accepted can be ring or bus type, fiber optic or copper wire, as suitable.
The 140 CPU 671 60 processor description
The front panel of 140 CPU 671 60 processor contains:
1. A cover of LCD display, providing access
2. A switch key: Unlocked, All operations of system menu are capable to be raised and all variable module parameters can be adapted by the operator through the keypad and LCD, protection of memory is off. Locked: No operations of system menu are capable to be raised and all changeable module parameters are read only, memory protection is on.
3. One slot of battery backup
4. One button reset of Restart
5. A display of LCD with contrast controls and brightness adjustable
6. A 5 button keypad with 2 LEDs
7. A connector of RJ45 for linking to the bus of Modbus
8. A type B female USB connector for linking the programming terminal PC
9. One 9 pin female connector of SUB-D for linking to the network of Modbus Plus
10. Two slots of memory extension cards for PCMCIA
11. Two LEDs: ERR LED (red): error communication between the primary of Hot Standby and secondary drops. COM LED (green): activity on the primary of Hot Standby or secondary drop
12. One MTRJ connector of fiber optic for interrelating the primary and secondary PLCs in the architecture of Hot Standby.