Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Features and Benefits of 1756 ControlLogix Input/Output (I/O) Modules to provide a full range of digital, analog, diagnostic digital, motion control and specialty I/O to comply your application requirements




Rockwell Automation’s 1756 ControlLogix I/O modules are the chassis-based modules. To connect all field-side wiring, the ControlLogix modules mount in a ControlLogix chassis and need either a RTB or a 1492 wiring interface module (IFM). The modules provide a full range of digital, analog, diagnostic digital, motion control and specialty I/O to comply your application requirements. It can be used as well as in a chassis linked to a ControlLogix controller via EtherNet/IP or ControlNet networks. ControlLogix digital I/O modules are can role as input and output modules in providing On/Off detection and actuation. Using the consumer network model, digital I/O modules can outputs information when needed while establishing additional system functions.

ControlLogix Input/Output (I/O) Modules
ControlLogix Input/Output (I/O) Modules 
by ab.rockwellautomation.com


Each of ControlLogix I/O modules establishes certain identification information that segregates it from all other modules. The information then will assists you in tracing all the components of your system. In example, you can track module identification information to understand which modules are in any ControlLogix chassis at any time you want. At the same time while you retrieve the module identity, you can also retrieve module status.


Features of 1756 ControlLogic I/O Modules

To provide full range of digital, analog, diagnostic digital, motion control and specialty I/O to comply your application requirements, this device has features as below:
  1. 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules mounts in a ControlLogix® chassis, Includes I/O wizards in the Studio 5000™ Logix Designer application for easy and quick module configuration.
  2. 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules removal and insertion Under Power RIUP for easy maintenance. ControlLogix I/O modules required a removable terminal block (RTB) or a Bulletin 1492 wiring interface module (IFM) to connect all field-side wiring. You can remove and insert modules while the power is applied.
  3. In this application 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules includes inherent time-stamping capabilities for sequence of events applications. A 64-bit system clock place a time-stamp on the transfer data between the module and its owner-controller.
  4. 1756 ControlLogix Digital I/O modules supported by a variety of voltages, isolated and non-isolated module types, point-level output fault states, direct-connect or rack-optimized communication.
  5. The 1756 ControlLogix Specialty I/O Modules compatible with high-speed counter modules, configurable flow meter modules and programmable limit switch modules.


The Benefits of 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules

Using 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules, users will get many benefits as below:
  1. 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules offers comprehensive I/O diagnostics for detection of both system and field-side failures.
  2. 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules offers electronic keying to help prevent replacement errors without being polled, the producer/consumer intelligent communication method provides data exchange between modules and other system devices in which each module produces data.
  3. 1756 Input/Output (I/O) Modules has fault and diagnostic detection for effective and efficient troubleshooting your application.
  4. In the case of agency certification, ControlLogix I/O modules come with Class 1, Division 2 agency certification for any application that requires approval.
  5. The 1756 Communication Modules performs network-based access control for devices, networks and users in the 1756 chassis. To guarantee the security the modules come with controllers and servers.


Conclusion

Among the available wide range of Input/Output modules, with the 1756 ControlLogix I/O modules you can opt for various chassis-based modules from digital I/O modules to the specialty I/O modules conforming to your application needs and provide a full range of digital, analog, diagnostic digital, motion control and specialty I/O to comply your application requirements.


Labels:






Newer Post Older Post Home

You may also like these ebook:

Get Free PLC eBook directly sent to your email,
and email subscription to program-plc.blogspot.com




We hate SPAM. Your information is never sold or shared with anyone.

Your Email Will Be 100% Secured !

Your email is stored safely on Google FeedBurner