This article will help to configure IDEC touch screens and Siemens S7 PLC using S7-200 protocol. The communications address and port setting for S7-200 and HG series host port as in the table below:
In order to get this network up on running, the G3s have to be programmed as followed:
1. Siemens PLC used in this program: S7-200 CPU212. Connect part number PC/PPI cable from PC to Siemens S7-200.
2. Launch Siemens programming software.
3. Select PLC type.
4. Click on the Read PLC button to read your PLC type.
5. Click on the Communications button and the setting should appear.
6. Assign the remote address and double click PC/PPI cable PPI.
7. In the access path select PC/PPI cable (PPI) and click the Properties button.
8. At Local Connections, assign the COM Port. Check your COM Port before assigning the number.
9. At PPI, Assign the station address. Set the transmission rate at 9.6kbps. Highest node address is 31. And click OK button to exit from the Properties dialogue box.
10. Create simple logic by clicking on the normally open contact/output coil.
11. Download the project by selecting File Download.
12. Follow all setting as shown on picture below then click the OK button to download.