This article is presenting how to connect G3 HMI on a Unitelway network. It is using a proprietary protocol from Schneider Telemecanique. To connect G3 on the network there are two connections solutions:
1. Using the TER and AUX port of the PLCs.
Telemecanique PLCs have 2 communication ports on the front panel. They are actually on the same network and can be use for easy connections to create the network. The diagram below shows the connection and addressing to Telemecanique PLCs.
2. Cabling as a unique bus
Cabling will be the same on a pin to pin point of view, only the point connection will be different.
In order to get this network up on running, the G3s have to be programmed as followed:
• Select Unitelway Slave protocol.
• Choose right Baud Rate, parity and stop bits as defined by the network.
• Define the TSX as a Master.
• Enter the G3 address on the network. This address has to be different from the other slaves and can not be 1, 2, or 3 as they reserved by the master.
• Indicate the address of the unit you wish to communicate with. An address of 0 will access the master. You can access other slaves as well if you enter their address.