GE Substation Automation seamlessly integrates the protection, monitoring, diagnostics, control, measurement, and software functions of your substation system. Below are the system benefits of GE Substation Automation system:
• Proactively identify fault before catastrophic failure occur.
• Manage fault detection, auto-sectionalizing, and auto-restoration.
• Enhance security and reliability with integrated protection, monitoring, and control.
• Monitor of status of all substation primary, protection, and control devices.
GE Substation Automation System also can centralize automation as following:
• Immediate access to remote locations from a centralized location.
• Enable predictive maintenance through analysis of operating conditions.
• Lower costs through centralized communications to remote substations.
• Common database enable predictive maintenance, volt/VAR control, and self diagnostics.
• Web enabled design affords resource location flexibility.
Improve asset management and enhance information management:
• Achieve tight system control through transformer and feeder load balancing systems.
• Extend equipment life and operate peak remote real-time performance monitoring.
• Eliminate redundant transducers, meters, event recorders, annunciation, and RTUs.
• Automation analysis of key operating condition for timely decision making.
• Quickly assess load management, load shedding, reactor and capacitor switching.
And lastly GE Substation Automation System can improve productivity:
• Adjust voltage, transformer loads, and feeder loads from central office PC or remote laptop.
• Improve equipment operating efficiencies through real-time monitoring and diagnostics.
• Fine-tune operations in real-time user-friendly, secure access.