Technological development encouraged by user requirements has specified rise to a large range of PLCs which can feature:
• Software which, separately from the language programming, has higher capacities and functions for interaction and communication with other business software.
• Hardware for example processing power, the characteristics and number of execution speed, inputs/outputs, special modules (communication, axis control, etc.);
These will be explained throughout characteristic applications to aid through the reader’s selection. Our recommendation is then to submit to the individual documents of each product. We observed the automation system principle architecture and implementation according to the profile of customer in the introduction. The solutions explained can be separated into four categories.
1. Solutions of electrician
Applications are fixed, easy, and standalone. The option criteria should be according to products that are simple to use, cheap and undemanding in maintenance.
2. Solutions of automated/mechanical systems engineer
Applications are requiring with regard to performance of mechanical such as range changes, precision, rapidity, movement control, etc. Their systems of architecture and processing will mostly be selected for performance.
3. Solutions of automated systems engineer
The systems of automated are built complex by the variety and volume of the information to process for example number of inputs/outputs, adjustment, interconnections between PLCs, etc.
4. Solutions of automated/production systems engineer
The systems of automated production have to be integrated into the system architecture of plant’s management. They have to interface with each other and switch over data with management software and production, etc.
The simple solutions utilize a small number of electromechanical relays to operate automation sequences. The newest small PLCs generations are simple to use, the price is competitively starting from a number of inputs/outputs and provide new capacities without need any expertise in programming. Characteristic applications are using in the sectors as following:
• Buildings and services: ventilation, air-conditioning, lighting management, access, control, premises surveillance, heating.
• industry: simple and easy machines and functions in decentralized systems;