HMI (Human Machine Interface) is interface device between machine and man. It takes important role to increase productivity as far as capable of scaling from design, to machine to enterprise, along with mobile solutions Key success. HMI serves as a medium to control, operate and analyze the machines that operated using PLC. Currently, the are many products for this application. Below I will a little explain the various types of HMI are often used for applications in the industry.
1. FactoryTalk View Site EditionImportant step in optimizing production is the efficiency of production machinery and materials at the plant. FactoryTalk® View Site Edition (SE) is the flagship HMI software to monitor and control the application of distributed-server / multi-user. This software is able to provide a comprehensive and accurate overview of the whole process of operation including engineering, maintenance, operations, and information technology (IT).
BenefitsTechnological developments require the support of a good control system. FactoryTalk® View Site Edition lets you get the benefits of mobility, virtualization, and the technology that can help you prepare to face the changes in your factory environment quickly. Some benefits of using FactoryTalk® View Site Edition as follows:
- Improved Operator Effectiveness because it has completed by system-wide diagnostics report, route and store information about events that happened in a system. Alarm conditions throughout the integrated architecture with easy-to-use graphical alarm objects will provide good warning system and provides wide diagnostic solution for determining root cause of an issue
- Design Time Effectiveness and Fast and reliable access to data. This device can define tags once in the Logix controller and access to data in the Logix family of controllers
2. FactoryTalk View Machine EditionFactoryTalk® View Machine Edition (ME) suitable for use as an interface for machine-level operator because it has superior graphics, user management run-time, and is able to switch the language and a faster time.
BenefitsFactoryTalk View Machine Edition has an advantage when used in accordance with specific system requirements that have features that reduce development and commissioning time, while enhancing operator experience and maintain the plant-wide scalability. Several of them are as below:
- It can reduce design and commissioning time by simplify installation process, search and replace capability for tags and text on multiple displays and global objects
- This device able to expand machine flexibility and capability by running time terminal information, and access to documentation via the PDF Viewer
3. FactoryTalk ViewPointFactoryTalk® ViewPoint widely used in applications control systems on the road, at home or in the office are able to provide a secure interface for access to FactoryTalk View Site Edition (SE) and Machine Edition (ME) in the decision-making real-time.
- Easy to use and lowers total cost because no software has to be installed and maintained on client device
- It provides fast response, able to access to real-time and historical data from the office, home or on the road using the simplicity of a web browser